You can set up custom menus linking to your content right from the WordPress admin area. Custom menus are flexible, configurable, and easily editable. You can even re-order them by dragging and dropping. To set up a custom menu:
- Choose Appearance > Menus from the left sidebar menu to open the Menus screen.
- Give your menu a name. You will use this to identify your menu later when you place it in your theme. This label will not appear on your site.
- Click Create Menu to create your menu. You will see a message at the top of the screen letting you know that your menu was successfully created.
To add a new page:
- In the sidebar menu, choose Pages > Add New to open the Add New Page screen.
- Give your page a title. After you type in the page title, a URL, or permalink, will appear below it. You can edit the permalink by clicking the Edit button.
- Add some content to your page. You can format your content using the toolbar at the top of the visual (WYSIWYG) editor. For more fine-grained control, click the HTML tab to edit the markup of your page.
- To add media or images to your page, click one of the icons that appear after the words Upload/Insert at the top of the editor.
- Click Publish when you are ready to post the page to your site. You will see “Page published” at the top of the screen.